Forum » ***Paint and Painting*** » Paint and Painting Questions and Answers » gne came within four outs of the first no-hitter in

gne came within four outs of the first no-hitter in

导出博客文章MONTREAL - A longtime respected voice in the Montreal Alouettes dressing room, Scott Flory will now put his leadership talents to work on behalf of all CFL players. Air Jordan From China . The nine-time CFL all-star offensive lineman announced his retirement Wednesday after playing 15 seasons and winning three Grey Cups in Montreal. The move was largely expected after Flory became the new president of the CFL Players Association in late March. The Regina native suffered a season-ending biceps tear July 12 in a game against the Calgary Stampeders, though he was determined to return this season if he had not won his leadership bid. "It was a decision I made when I chose to run that I told myself that if I did win that I was going to retire," Flory said at an Olympic Stadium press conference. "It was a way for me to segue out of football from the playing side of it but still stay involved with the game and being around the guys and trying to represent them. "I was committed to coming back. I was training, I was doing everything, and I believe in this club and the direction that theyre going so I wanted to be a part of it." Flory felt that he could not do justice to either job by continuing to play while heading up the players union. "I didnt want to shortchange the players or the Alouettes by trying to do both jobs at the same time," Flory said. "Over my 15-year career I committed myself wholly to being the best football player I could be and I want to do the same in my new role as president of the players association." The 37-year-old is currently participating in talks with the league on a new collective bargaining agreement, though he declined to comment on any of those issues Wednesday. "Ive been a player rep since 2002 and sometimes there needs to be a guy who is the voice of the guys, and not everybody has the ability or the strength or the desire to talk to coaches or to deal with a lot of things that players have to deal with," Flory said. "It was something I liked and I cared about and I wanted to serve the guys ... and I was elected, and Im thankful for that. But over my time in Montreal I was always a part of the players association and I believe in the players and trying to represent them the best I can." Twice the CFLs top lineman (2008 and 2009), the six-foot-four, 296-pound Flory helped Montreal to Grey Cup victories in 2002, 2009 and 2010. "When people talk about how I was able to play for so long it was because of people like Scott that took pride in protecting the quarterback," said former Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo, who retired in January as pro footballs all-time passing leader with 79,816 yards. "They didnt get a lot of press, a lot of accolades, but in that locker-room when I could walk away from a game with not getting hit you could see a big smile on their face and they took a lot of pride in that, so they were able to do that for many, many years and that allowed me to play for a lot of years." Montreal selected Flory in the third round, 15th overall, in the 1998 CFL draft out of the University of Saskatchewan. He attended training camp before returning to the Huskies, helping them win the Vanier Cup that season. Alouettes tackle Josh Bourke acknowledged that losing both Calvillo and Flory to retirement will leave a leadership void in Montreal that needs to be filled. "It just means that were going to be missing two great leaders on our team, two great men," Bourke said. "Ive played a lot of football with Scott. Ive played a lot of games with him, pretty much every start Ive made in this league hes been on the field with me so Ive learned a lot the last seven years from him, how to be a man, most importantly, but how to be a great teammate, how to prepare, how to be a professional. "Guys like myself and other guys coming up the ranks, were the ones that have to kind of take over now but its going to be hard because hes been such a great leader for so long." Wholesale Jordans China . "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately. Cheap Jordans Shoes Free Shipping . Buffalos defensive co-ordinator had his second interview with Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner on Tuesday night, a person familiar with the Browns plans told The Associated Press.SAN DIEGO -- Odrisamer Despaigne came within four outs of the first no-hitter in San Diegos 46-year major league history, and the Padres beat the New York Mets 2-1 Sunday on Seth Smiths run-scoring infield single in the ninth. Making his fifth major league start, Despaigne didnt allow a hit until Daniel Murphy doubled to left-centre with two outs in the eighth. San Diego, the only active major league franchise without a no-hitter, was playing its 7,264th regular-season game and has played 34 more in the post-season. The Mets were the only other active big league team without a no-hitter before Johan Santana pitched one against St. Louis in June 2012 during New Yorks 8,020th regular-season game. Murphy scored on David Wrights single to tie the score 1-1. Vic Black (2-3) walked Carlos Quentin on four pitches leading off the ninth, and Alexi Amarista bunted, with pinch-runner Cameron Maybin advancing to second and Amarista reaching when the ball went through Blacks legs for an error. Chase Headley grounded into a 4-3-6 double play as Maybin reached third. Josh Edgin relieved, and the pitcher tumbled to the ground when he came off the mound to field Smiths bouncer between the mound and first. Edgin dropped the ball, picked it up and then shovelled it to first too late to catch Smith as Maybin came across the plate. Joaquin Benoit (4-2), San Diegos fourth pitcher, threw a perfect ninth for the winn. Cheap Jordans For Sale. New York scored one run in the last 18 innings of the series and has lost two in a row following a 9-2 spurt. Despaigne, a 27-year-old Cuban right-hander signed as a minor league free agent on May 2, allowed one run and two hits in 7 2-3 innings with five strikeouts and three walks. He threw 123 pitches and lowered his ERA to 1.31. His was the longest no-hit bid by a single Padres pitcher since Sept. 7, 2008, when Chris Young allowed a two-out home run in the eighth to Milwaukees Gabe Kapler. Yasmani Grandal homered in the fourth off Zack Wheeler, who allowed one run and eight hits in six innings with seven strikeouts and a walk. NOTES: Mets manager Terry Collins said RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka could step in if LHP Jon Nieses start is cut short in Seattle on Monday. With Neises return from the DL, Matsuzaka will work out of the bullpen but is available for a spot start. ... Collins said OF Bobby Abreu started on Sunday to prepare him for the DH role in Seattle. Abreu is 0 for 18 as a pinch hitter. ... Padres SS Everth Cabrera (strained left hamstring) is to play Monday with Triple A El Paso. ... RHP Andrew Cashner (right shoulder strain) threw again on the side but will rest on Monday. ... Niese (5-4, 2.96) faces Mariners LHP Roenis Elias (7-8, 4.54) on Monday. Padres LHP Eric Stults (3-11, 4.98) goes against Cubs RHP Kyle Hendricks (0-0, 6.00) on Tuesday in Chicago. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
      December 16, 2018 10:46 PM PST

What's New